USD Campus/Campus Housing FAQs
Visit the USD web page at www.sandiego.edu
Where do we eat? You have choices!
Use your Campus Cash card at…
- Pavilion Dining for the widest choice of cuisine: open 7-9am, 11am 2pm, and 5pm to 8pm
- La Gran Terraza, fine dining, low cost, 11:30am-2pm
- Tu Mercado for salads, sandwiches, even gelato
- Torero Tu Go Food Truck, outside Copley Libary, close to classes: sandwiches, salads, wraps, 8am-2pm
Where can I get coffee, bottled water, and snacks?
- Tu Mercado, 7:30am-6pm
- Food Truck outside library, 8am-2pm
- Copley Library vending machines
- Student Lounges in Olin and Hahn
Where is the Bookstore/Post Office and what are its hours?
- Located on the backside of Loma Hall east of MCC on Morris Drive
- Mon-Thurs: 9 am – 5 pm, Fri: 9 am – 4 pm
You might think of mailing home those sample textbooks at book rates.
Where can I make copies?
- Bookstore has Xerox machines for student use
- King’s Printing, 5401 Linda Visa Rd. is great for bigger jobs
Where is the ATM?
- US Bank ATM on the west outside wall of Hahn University Center
Where can I get “online”?
- Complimentary WiFi, get code from AP faculty
- Computer Lab in Serra 205, Olin 122, and Copley Library
Is there a pool, weight room and gym?
- Located at the Sports Center next to the AV Apartments
- Pool complimentary
- Mission Fitness & Jenny Craig Fitness require $10/day pass
For Alcala Vista Apartment Residents
Review of Housing Accommodations:
Single person bedroom w/ private bath in a two-bedroom apartment
- Apartments have refrigerator & microwave
- Towels, linens, and soap are provided for all rooms
- Rooms do not include any extra amenities (no TV, VCR, phone, alarm clock, hair dryer, hangers, kitchen utensils or air conditioning.) A television is located in lounge.
- Check in 4-6pm. Late check in call 619 260-4623 before 10pm; call 619 260-4000 after 10pm
- Spouses and family members cannot stay in dorms with attendees.
- Laundry facilities are available with credit card vending machine. Detergent available at Tu Mercado.
- AP by the Sea will provide an Internet access code for those with personal computers. Don’t use credit card to purchase a code when you first attempt to log on.
- Vending machines are located in lounge.
- The Jenny Craig Pavilion features a gym, locker room, and weight room. A pool and tennis courts are located adjacent to the Alcala Vista Apartments at the Sports Center. Pool is complimentary; fee for other facilities.
See meal venues above. Dorm residents will receive a Cash Card at registration for Sunday dinner, specified breakfasts, and lunches. Monday breakfast and last day breakfast are catered by AP by the Sea. Consult Agenda for meal times.
Please notify USD in advance of any special dietary needs or physical restrictions you may have.
From 7-8 am on final day at Palomar Lounge. Storage for luggage will be provided for those individuals who are not leaving immediately upon check-out, but keys must be turned in to the check-out site by 8 am. Residents who lose or fail to turn in their keys at the time of check-out will be assessed a lost key charge of $40.00 and possibly an extra night’s lodging.
Available at registration for the week. Park in white spaces only and display permit on left dash.